Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another week gone by

It's been nearly a week since I last posted.  I've come to accept that I'm not able to consistently post on a daily basis and am okay with that.  There was a time I couldn't adjust a goal, it was all or nothing.  Glad that's over.

I had a great weekend.  It actually began on Friday when my daughter and granddaughter arrived early Friday morning and we left for a trip to northern California.  We arrived at my sister's around 6 p.m. where we stayed until Monday morning.  It was a great visit.  On Saturday my daughter and granddaughter took BART into San Francisco to play tourists at Fisherman's Wharf and had hoped to get onto a tour of Alcatraz but had no success as all the tours were booked in advance.  They were prepared for that to happen so they just strolled in and out of shops and enjoyed the nice weather until it was time to catch BART to return to the east bay.

My sister and I spent the day at her home, leaving once to go to a local craft store.  Of course we had to.  I bought paper and embellishments and a storage case for my Cricut cartridges and booklets.  One of our cousins joined us at my sister's home and we spent the afternoon playing.  Our cousin brought her Cricut and we stamped and created cards and tags .  I showed my sister how to heat emboss a stamped image and also explained my techniques as I finished some Christmas cards I am sending to OWH.  I shared some tips and tricks for stamping and my cousin and I shared with each other.  I didn't even realize that my cousin likes to make cards and this past weekend I learned that she also gravitates towards the same tools and supplies that I do.

The next day we traveled south of San Francisco to attend a party for another cousin's 4 year old grandson.  My granddaughter was delighted that some of her other cousins were there also.  The cousin we'd spent the day with on Saturday arrived with her husband, daughter, 2 grandsons and her sister.  So we got to see another cousin we haven't seen in a while.

Driving home on Monday went fairly quickly until we hit commute time traffic coming out of Los Angeles.  We ended up taking longer to get home than we did going north but at least it was uneventful.

I enjoyed spending time with my daughter and granddaughter and visiting with my sister and cousins.  It's good to be home, though.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you accept what is to be and what cannot be, I too was like that, black and white, no shades of grey. Now it's all very colourful and enjoyable. So glad you had a great time with family and isnt it great to have family share your interests. I too found out my sister likes crafting and was going to classes, so now I share my stuff with her whenever she comes over here as she lives in New Zealand and its abit hard to pop over to craft hahaha.
    Since I started with WOYWW my weeks go so fast and before you know it another Wednesday is upon us.

    ReplyDelete