Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thank you, miss you, thinking of you

I've begun filling a box with cards to send to Operation Write Home this month.  Designs that I've completed so far are shown below.  During June, I will be working on cards that were inspired by the Memorial Weekend Blog Hop that was hosted by OWH.  The requested theme was using one of the sketches that is found at the OWH site here.  I've never worked from a sketch before and it will be fun to use pre-made layouts and see what I come up with.  If you're interested in seeing the designs submitted by those who participated in the hop, go here.  I didn't participate in the hop this time but I hope to the next time.  Perhaps it will be for Veterans Day.

While I looked at the blog submissions, I found many cardmakers whose interpretations of the designs I really, really admired.  Such talent is out there, such inspiration!  It's an honor to be among folks who care about and appreciate our service people and want to do their part in letting them know that.  I bought a stamp set recently that includes a sentiment "Freedom isn't free."  Doesn't that just say it all?

Okay, now my cards:





Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate all comments and hope you will leave one so I'll know you were here and what you think of my cards.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathie! All of these are are wonderful! I love how you used the sentiment with these lovely pattern paper! I'm sure whoever receives this will have a smile on their face! Thank you SO much for leaving such an encouraging comment in my blog! I am so glad that you stopped by! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete